Diabetes in School: Short Film Competition
Date: 9 Oct 2015
Are you aged 11–17 with a story to tell about Type 1 diabetes in school? Do you want to raise awareness of diabetes and inspire others?
Diabetes UK are offering an exciting opportunity to make inspirational three minute films about type 1 diabetes in your school.
You can use your phone, tablet or camera – Your film won’t be judged on the way it looks but on the stories that you present within them.
These films will be judged within three prize categories:
- Best Individual Film – the best film completed by an individual student
- Best Group Film – the best film completed as part of a group
- Fan Favourite – The film that receives the most YouTube ‘likes’
Taking part in the competition means you’ll get the chance to:
- Have the film you create viewed by YouTube fans and an expert judging panel
- Win an iMac Desktop and iPad Air 2 for your school
- Win yourself a GoPro Hero camera
- Attend the finalist awards screening at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
To take part in the competition you'll need to get your school's approval, and consent from your parent or guardian.
The closing date for entries is Monday the 16th of November 2015 at 9am. But the sooner you get your entries in, the more chance you’ll have of getting lots of likes for the Fan Favourite award.
And don’t forget to let us know if you’re entering as we’ll be able to share your entries through the Savvy website and social media.
Do you have any comments to add to this article? If so, then please click below...